BELOW IS AN OVERVIEW OF WHAT A TYPICAL SCHOOL SESSION WILL BE LIKE AT WASHINGTON NURSERY SCHOOL. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, THAT EACH CLASS LEVEL WILL VARY SLIGHTLY BASED ON PROJECTS AND/OR SPECIAL ACTIVITIES.
Classroom doors open. Each child will need to hang up their coat and backpack and then place their folders in the basket.
- The children will get a book or puzzle and sit at one of the tables while we wait for the other children to arrive.
- Circle time begins: attendance is taken, the calendar and weather are discussed, the days activities/projects will be explained and finally show & tell.
- Playtime for the younger classes begins. PreK classes will have some table work as a group before their playtime starts.
- During playtime, the teachers will sometimes complete projects with small groups of children in order to give more individualized attention to each child.
- As the weather permits, the classes will go outside to play as often as possible for some gross motor exercise.
- Clean up for snack. The children will help put away all toys and games and then wash their hands.
- Snack time. This would also be when we celebrate children's birthdays or have a class party.
- Closing circle for a story or songs.